It’s hard to know if a writer can do good work for you until you give them an assignment to work on. So, I decided to start sharing some samples of actual work I’ve done. You can check them out on this page. The first page on all of them is the same (so far). It’s just a gratuitous plug for my services. Contact me if you think I might be able to help you or your organization. There’s no charge just to talk. Here’s what I’ve uploaded so far.
A Mata Portfolio #1: I’ve included a concept paper, a fundraising letter and a magazine article for your consideration in this set.
A Mata Portfolio #2: I’ve included a concept paper, a short story and a magazine article. Note: the short story is about suicide, so be warned about that.
The following are some policy papers and research projects I’ve done for other groups:
- Hispanics and Retirement Issues: Hispanics & retirement;
- Hispanic Access To Non Traditional Credit Sources: Thinking Outside the Banks;
- The Impact of Credit and Debit Card Fees: Trickle Up Wealth Transfer;
- Issues Impacting Hispanic Broadband Access: Hispanics & Broadband Access;
- Hispanics and Civic Engagement Online: Connected Hispanics & Civic Engagement;
- The Impact Taxes, Fees and Other Barriers Have on Hispanic Connectivity: Taxes Fees Barriers HispanicConnectivity;
- Broadband Policy Paper: Mobile Connected Future.
Feel free to download and share. I will be posting more sets of some of my work, hopefully once a week.
A note on the concept papers. I write these whenever I think I have a really good idea worth sharing with others. Sometimes I try to actually get them implemented. And sometimes, I know that I’m not the person best suited for the idea. I am willing to share them and hope that someone can do something with them. Please feel free to give it a try on anything I share here.
Also, feel free to share this document with anyone you think might benefit from them. Feedback is always appreciated.