Thank you for visiting my site. I’ve posted samples of some of my work. Some of it is previously published content and some of it is redacted (names left out) of samples of internal documents which are not for public distribution and are appropriately marked.
The following is a set of documents for one of my clients. These may be viewed by those with permission to access this page but may not be distributed elsewhere.
- Proposed legislation submitted to the Texas legislature: Proposed Legislation and Reasoning
- Request for an Opinion Letter from the Texas Attorney General: AG Opinion Letter
- An “Elevator Pitch” to be used in advocacy efforts: Elevator Pitch
- Legislative Testimony Bullet Points: Legislative Testimony Bullet points
- RGVSG Brochure: RGVSG Brochure
- RGVSG Proposal: RGVSG Proposal
I currently write a monthly column for the Valley Business Report. Here is my latest column.
Although it has stopped publication, you can see some of my work at The Valley Times.
- This is a story about the Hidalgo County Commissioners Court meeting: http://www.rgvtimes.com/2017/09/05/sb4-lawsuit/
- This is a story about a particularly interesting historical topic, an alleged Texas Ranger massacre: http://www.rgvtimes.com/2017/10/17/the-matanza-massacre-of-1915/
The following are some policy papers and research projects I’ve done for other groups. You are free to share this as you see fit:
- Hispanics and Retirement Issues: Hispanics And Retirement;
- Hispanic Access To Non Traditional Credit Sources: Thinking Outside the Banks;
- The Impact of Credit and Debit Card Fees: Trickle Up Wealth Transfer;
- Issues Impacting Hispanic Broadband Access: Hispanics and Broadband Access;
- Hispanics and Civic Engagement Online: Connected Hispanics; Civic Engagement;
- The Impact Taxes, Fees and Other Barriers Have on Hispanic Connectivity: Taxes, Fees, Barriers To Hispanic Connectivity;
- Broadband Policy Paper: Mobile Connected Future.
A Mata Portfolio #1: I’ve included a concept paper, a fundraising letter and a magazine article for your consideration in this set.
A Mata Portfolio #2: I’ve included a concept paper, a short story and a magazine article. Note: the short story is about suicide, so be warned about that.
A note on the concept papers. I write these whenever I think I have a really good idea worth sharing with others. Sometimes I try to actually get them implemented. And sometimes, I know that I’m not the person best suited for the idea. I am willing to share them and hope that someone can do something with them. Please feel free to try anything I share here.